Capital Project Press Releases
The Waterloo Central School District will host a virtual Community Forum at 7 p.m. on Dec. 1 to discuss its upcoming capital projects vote.
District residents will vote on two capital project proposals on Dec. 8. Approximately 82 percent of the proposals will be financed with state aid and the remainder will be paid through the District’s capital reserve fund. The projects will have no additional impact on local taxpayers.
The first proposal, estimated at $19 million, centers on maintenance, safety and repairs. The proposal includes reconfiguring the bus loop and a new roof at Waterloo High School, drainage and infrastructure improvements on school grounds and upgrading specialty classrooms at the High School and Middle School.
The second proposal, estimated at $4 million, includes new lights and other upgrades for the District’s athletic facilities. Implementation of the second proposal is contingent upon approval of the first proposal.
The capital project vote will take place from noon until 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at the District Offices, 109 Washington St., Waterloo.
To participate in the Dec. 1 forum, log into the meeting at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82164620091?pwd=TE9teHdHeGdyZG15Tlg4UFN2Y3h3dz09
CAPITAL PROJECT VOTE SCHEDULED FOR DEC. 8
Voters in the Waterloo Central School District will vote on two capital project proposals on Tuesday, Dec. 8.
The first proposal on the ballot includes reconfiguring the bus loop and parent drop-off driveways, drainage and infrastructure improvements, replacing the high school roof and upgrading the high school art, and middle school science and technology classrooms. The estimated cost is $19 million and there will be no additional impact to Waterloo CSD residents.
In addition, voters will be presented with a second $4 million proposal to upgrade lights at the District’s stadium, baseball and softball fields, tennis courts and Little League facilities. Implementation of the second proposal is contingent on passage of the first proposal. There will be no new tax impact to Waterloo CSD residents.
About 82 percent of the project will be funded by state aid and the remaining 18 percent will be covered by the District’s capital reserve fund.
“We understand that these are challenging times for everyone. These projects address safety and environmental needs that require our immediate attention,” Waterloo Superintendent of Schools Terri Bavis said. “The community takes great pride in its schools being safe, supportive and engaging places for students to learn and grow as scholars, athletes and people. Through careful planning these projects will help the District maintain Waterloo’s high standards without placing any additional cost on the District’s taxpayers.”
Voting will take place from noon until 8 p.m. at the District Office, 109 Washington Street. Requests for absentee ballots must be made through Jamie Excell, our District Clerk, who may be contacted at 315539-1501.