Board of Education
The Board of Education establishes school policies, approves personnel appointments, adopts budgets, approves textbook selections, awards bids, and has complete and final control over controversial school issues.
All actions of the Board require the affirmative vote of at least five of the nine members. These members are unsalaried and are elected to three-year terms of office.
Community members are encouraged to attend all meetings. A record of the proceedings of the Board is available for inspection by the public in the district administrative offices.
Regular Board meetings are held on the third Monday of each month in the Waterloo Middle School Large Group Instruction Room, at 7:00 PM unless otherwise noted in the calendar. Additional "programs" and "special" meetings are also scheduled throughout the year.
Board Of Education District Goals 2023-2024
These goals are derived from the Waterloo Central School District Strategic Plan.
- Support and evaluate the effectiveness of inclusion programming.
- Develop the Culturally Responsive Framework for us in all schools.
- Evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of the Safe Space Committee.
- Focus on the effectiveness of community circles in all schools.
- Evaluate the implementation of the student mentorship program.
- Support professional development for all staff.
- Provide consistent academic support to all students
- Provide behavioral and academic interventions for all students, including supports that prioritizes mental health and social-emotional well-being.
- Focus on the effectiveness of the after-school programming.
- Continue to develop and implement personalized learning plans
- Staff members, family members, and students report alignment and value in individual student plans through surveys done at least twice a year.
- Ensure responsive changes in curriculum are driven by data from staff discussion