Waterloo Central School Transportation Department
1719 North Road
Waterloo, NY 13165
Transportation Supervisor - D'Allah Laffoon
General Transportation Policies
School Bus Scheduling and Routing
Students are transported to and from school under the following criteria:
- K - 2: Any distance from school.
- 3 - 5: Any student who lives more than 1/2 mile from school.
- 6 - 12: Any student who lives more than one (1) mile from their school.
For grades 1 - 12 the district believes in the central pick-up concept. Students may have to walk up to 2/10 of one mile along the road to a pick-up point. For Kindergarten students, the district will provide door-to-door pick-up with the exception of mobile home communities, apartment complexes, and areas where a bus cannot turn around. A centralized pick-up point is established in these situations. The Transportation Supervisor reserves the right to make decisions on the safety of all bus stops in the district.
Prior to the beginning of the school year, information regarding specific bus routes will be mailed to the parents of students who are eligible for transportation.
Special transportation for temporarily physically handicapped students can be arranged by submitting a request in writing from the attending physician to the building principal.
Transportation To and From Child Care locations
According to school policy, transportation will be provided to and from a student's home or baby-sitter under the following conditions:
- Location is within the district, on a regular route, and there is room on the bus serving that location.
- This type of transportation will be provided to Grades K-8 only for babysitters.
- The transportation is provided on a regular weekly basis. One day passes will not be issued.
- Any changes in location or days require a five (5) day advance notice to the principal or transportation dispatcher. Only two (2) changes per school year will be allowed.
- We cannot accommodate requests for transportation to any other point until a new form has been filled out (at either the school office of you child or the transportation office). No notes to the bus driver or school office will be accepted for changes. For the safety of the children, No requests can be taken over the phone.
- Please have your child ready/waiting at the bus stop at least five (5) minutes prior to scheduled pick-up.
- It is extremely important that someone is at home when your child is dropped off in the afternoon. If either you or someone designated by your are not at home to receive your child on more than one occasion, we will ask the Waterloo Police or Child Protective Officials to care for him/her until your return.
Please contact Mr. D'Allah Laffoon or Mrs. Tracy Nobles at the Bus Garage (539-1515) throughout the year with any questions regarding transportation changes that you may have. Thank you for your cooperation.
Transportation Request Forms are available on the website (Use the link on the left hand of the page), at any school building and at the transportation department.