Board of Education
The Board of Education establishes school policies, approves personnel appointments, adopts budgets, approves textbook selections, awards bids, and has complete and final control over controversial school issues.
All actions of the Board require the affirmative vote of at least five of the nine members. These members are unsalaried and are elected to three-year terms of office.
Community members are encouraged to attend all meetings. A record of the proceedings of the Board is available for inspection by the public in the district administrative offices.
Regular Board meetings are held on the third Monday of each month in the Waterloo Middle School Large Group Instruction Room, at 7:00 PM unless otherwise noted in the calendar. Additional "programs" and "special" meetings are also scheduled throughout the year.
BOE District Goals
These goals are derived from the Waterloo Central School District Strategic Plan.
- Begin the process of rebranding the district to promote pride in our schools
- Support and evaluate the effectiveness of inclusion programming
- Development of the District Diversity Committee
- Evaluate the implementation of and effectiveness of community circles
- Evaluate the implementation of the student mentorship program
- Review and continue to focus on professional development for all staff
- Support and review the success of the restructuring of the after-school program
- Personalized learning plans
- Professional Learning Communities