- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Emergency School Age Childcare Program Information & Procedures
March 17, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, the safety of the children in our care and our employees is paramount.
At this time, while our facility is closed to normal operations, our childcare program remains open to provide Emergency School Age Childcare for youth who need it most in our community. We assure you that we are closely monitoring the situation, and will follow recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), New York State Department of Health (DOH) and our licensing agency (OCFS).
We encourage families to keep their children at home but at the same time, we realize that not all families have a choice to stay home with their children. So, we will provide full-day programming for families in need of care during this challenging time.
Emergency School Age Childcare Program Information & Procedures:
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020, we will institute a policy of ‘curb-side’ pick up and drop off for all children. We ask that parents call ahead to let us know when they are arriving and staff will come out to meet you at the front door to sign children in and out of the program.
- Children and staff will be evaluated each day upon entry and anyone with an elevated temperature or multiple symptoms will be turned away.
- Only Geneva City School District residents will be allowed to attend.
- Care will be available from 7:30am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Care will be available each day but understand the crisis changes daily and the need to modify this plan may occur.
- Program fee will be $20 per day per child.
- Registration will happen each morning on-site for children not currently enrolled in YMCA programming.
- We are monitoring capacity requirements and making adjustments accordingly. We will accept children on a first come first serve basis.
- Children will be in small groups in multiple locations within our facility only. No large group gatherings or activities.
- Snacks & meals provided by the YMCA or the GCSD will be pre-packaged avoiding the need for any preparation.
- We will build time into our daily schedule for children to work on schoolwork that has been sent home and will have internet access and tablets available for online work if needed.
- Time spent outside will be prioritized. Please make sure your child comes dressed to spend time outdoors.
- Children will swim daily. Please make sure your child brings a bathing suit and towel with them. If you do not have a bathing suit and towel, the YMCA is able to provide you with one.
- Children will remain on-site with no field trips or off-site trips.
What We are Asking You to Do:
Parents are important partners in keeping children and staff healthy and preventing the spread of illness. Parents should:
- Keep your children home when they are sick with fever and/or other contagious illness
- Keep the program informed when your child is absent, and notify the Childcare Director if your child has been tested/diagnosed with any contagious illnesses
- Teach, remind and model proper handwashing
- Teach, remind and model coughing/sneezing into the elbow
- Ensure your child is getting enough sleep and eating well
In addition, families and staff traveling internationally and/or exposed to someone with the Coronavirus are being asked to inform your Childcare Director and not return to the program for 14 days from the date of potential exposure or returning to the U.S..
Thank you for partnering with us to provide the healthiest environment possible for our children. Please visit the following link to the CDC for information on prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019ncov/about/prevention.html.
We appreciate you choosing the Y, and are here to support you and answer questions as they arise.
The Geneva Family YMCA is deeply committed to the health and wellness of all. We will continue to monitor the situation, communicate openly, and support you and your family by providing safe and nurturing places for everyone we serve. We are stronger together, and together we will get through this.
Geneva Family YCMA