Superintendent Bavis message March 22, 2021
March 22, 2021
Dear Waterloo Families,
As you may be aware, last week the Fall II athletic season has begun! We are pleased to announce with this opening, several of our outdoor facilities are also open again for community use. These openings include the track, tennis courts, fields and box lacrosse area. Currently, we do not have specific guidance around the community use of the Waterloo Fitness Center at Waterloo High School, and it is not yet open to the community. We are replacing the Fitness Center flooring and hope to have the Fitness Center open to the public in July. Unfortunately, walking inside at the high school/middle school campus is also not available at this time. As soon as we receive more information or guidance on either of those areas, we will let you know.
We would like to take a moment to review the guidelines for community use of school facilities.
- Any club or travel team that is affiliated with an outside organization must file a Safety Plan with Department of Health. You will then need to share that plan with Mrs. Kent and complete a facility use form and be Board of Education approved for facility use with a certificate of insurance on file.
- During school hours, use of our facilities is exclusive to our students.
- Evening and weekend hours, when facilities are not being utilized by our athletic programs, we welcome the community to take full advantage of our facilities, including the elementary school playgrounds, across the district.
- No pets on the fields or green spaces around our buildings, please. Unless the pet is a certified therapy dog or service animal, pets should not attend our athletic contests with their families.
- Questions regarding the use of our athletic facilities should be directed to Mrs. Kent at 315-539-1557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a dynamic situation which continues to change each week. We will continue to update you as we receive additional guidance from the state and local health departments, New York State Education Department, and NYSPHSAA / Section V.
Thank you to Mrs. Kent, our Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics, who has worked tirelessly to get our athletics programs up and running again. We are grateful to our coaches, athletes, and their families for their patience while we continue to sort through New York State’s requirements for the continuance of our athletic programs and the use of our facilities.
With Waterloo Pride,